Fashion on a budget, makeup tutorials, simple recipes, and all things girly!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Harry Potter Release Party

To celebrate the release of the last (sob) Harry Potter movie, my good friend Simone and I threw a themed bash, complete with snacks inspired from the books. We cooked all day, enjoyed the food with some of our friends, and went to the midnight premiere. It was amazing and perfect, as expected, and I can't wait to go see it again!
Homemade Butterbeer! We made butterscotch sauce on the stove, and poured cans of cream soda over it.
Fire Whiskey, for the alcohol drinkers (not me!). This was a mix of cinnamon whiskey and Apple Snapple. I tasted it, and it was surprisingly very good. Soft of like a cinnamon candy.
Pumpkin Pasties, which were pastries filled with a baked pumpkin mixture. These took longer to make than they were worth! Along with the Treacle Tart, which turned out very strange :(
Golden Snitches that Simone made out of chocolates, paper wings, and edible gold dust!
Simone's vegetarian Hufflepuffs- made from puff pastry, cheese, and spinach.
Bob's (Simone's husband) contribution of manly Half-Giant Dip, inspired by Hagrid. It's a sausage, beef, garlic, and Velveeta concoction, served with chips. I couldn't stop eating it!
Close up of one of the Snitches!
My cottage pie, made from ground beef, carrots, celery, onion, and potatoes. One of my favorite British dishes, for sure.
Simone and I at the premiere, in costume of course!
Snitches have flesh memories, you know.
My cute boyfriend and I with our special Harry Potter 3D glasses on.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun...so now what do we do since the movies are over? :(

    -Hope
    www.aflatteringtale.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say we have a party every year on Harry's birthday, and watch/discuss the movies :) I'll make themed food!

    ReplyDelete