Fashion on a budget, makeup tutorials, simple recipes, and all things girly!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

great big update post

I have done SO many exciting things in the past month! I took an impromptu trip to New Orleans with my boyfriend and two of our friends. It was beautiful, and the food was amazing, but I could never live there. It is the hottest, most humid place I've ever been in my life. And if you don't have lots of money, you can't do much!
Like I said though, just gorgeous.
I have been trying to get into modeling lately, and I am blessed with not only an extremely talented photographer for a boyfriend, but also friends that are amazing as well! I did a bridal shoot with my friends Kate and Scott, and a pinup type shoot with Jason. I also did a shoot with my friend Chloe, and one for my friend Mikey's clothing line, exeCUTE.
I was also lucky enough to meet and talk to Robert Pattinson when he was in town filming his latest movie, Water for Elephants. He was so nice and gracious, and talked to my friends and I for about ten minutes. I didn't know it would be such a big deal, but my story and picture was featured on the news and the front page of the paper! Wow.
Rob fist pumping :)
This is some of the crew for the movie. We hung out with these guys all night. They were so cool! Now I have friends in LA :)

I have been trying to cook at home as much as possible, to learn more and save money. I found my grandmother's old classic cookbooks, and have been trying to re-create some of her best recipes. I also like to just make things up sometimes, like this spicy chicken and chickpea soup.
I love to bake my own pita chips to go with hummus
This is my grandmother's recipe coconut cake. It tasted just like hers, I was so pleased!
This is a simple watermelon granita I made, just because I had way too much melon!
This is really just about how I feel right now, I've never been so happy!
It is amazing what you can get through in your life if you have the right people around. I am a very lucky girl.

Kisses and Cupcakes,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment