Fashion on a budget, makeup tutorials, simple recipes, and all things girly!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oh, how I love to cook


I cook dinner at least once a week, and bake even more than that. However, I can NEVER remember to photograph the food I make! Almost nothing makes me happier than cooking/baking for people I love, and them really enjoying it. I had a few of my wonderful girlfriends over for the finale of The Bachelor (worst choice in Bachelor history, by the way) and I made dinner for everyone. I had fried spaghetti balls for appetizers, and homemade pizzas for dinner. We were in such a rush to watch the show, that the only thing I got to photograph was dessert, a chocolate-almond torte.
I used oranges and an almond windmill cookie as a garnish as a nod to the flavors in the torte
I had to go over the top with the torte pictures since I had none of my other dishes! :) Hopefully I'll remember next time.
Kisses and Cupcakes,
Jess

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! I wish I could cook, but I leave that to my husband.

    I do love to bake, but I have no one to bake for (my husband doesn't like sweets - weirdo, right?) and I just dont need to eat it all myself... but I would if I baked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I have the same problem! My boyfriend is the pickiest person I've ever met in my life, and he won't eat anything I make! I usually end up eating my portion and then I have leftovers I can never get rid of, and they end up going bad haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that looks so delicious! Cute blog!

    -Brittany

    ReplyDelete