Fashion on a budget, makeup tutorials, simple recipes, and all things girly!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day

Hello all! Today I am snowed in at my mom's house. We have been making fun of people all day for closing their stores early and refusing to leave the house, so we decided to go out and brave the weather. Our plan was to go see a movie and eat a nice dinner. We didn't quite get to do that, sadly. Almost every restaurant was closed, and so were the movie theaters :( We ended up eating at IHOP and going grocery shopping in case we are snowed in for the rest of the weekend.

I am staying with my mom, and am currently in the process of painting and decorating my new condo. I have gotten quite a bit of inspiration from the home design blogs I follow. My vision is a candy colored, girly oasis with black accents. My kitchen is going to be light pink, and cupcake themed! I am very excited about that. My living room is inspired by a photo I found in a blog, and I am trying to find all the elements to make it just right. I want it to look as much like the photo below as possible.

I found a gorgeous red couch at a thrift store for $100, but it needs to be re-upholstered. The main elements I am still looking for are the love seat, and the coffee table. Etsy has me covered on all the accessories.

More updates on the condo as it gets finished! If you're bored, ask me a question anonymously at http://www.formspring.me/xpectopatronum or browse pictures at www.flickr.com/photos/xpectopatronum

Kisses and Cupcakes,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. I though I already posted something but I guess not.
    Well I am in complete love with that picture! I am dying to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! i finished the paint today, it's coming along and i can't wait to post pics :D

    ReplyDelete